HISTORICAL BACK GROUND
The Population Studies and Research Institute (PSRI) of the University of Nairobi was established in 1976 with the following mandate:
- To undertake postgraduate training of population scientists
- To undertake research in the field of population and reproductive health.
- To provide technical backstopping to the Government of Kenya on matters of population and development, and population management.
PSRI is one of the institutes in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS). It is equivalent to a faculty and is headed by a Director who is appointed by the Vice Chancellor. PSRI is managed through a committee system. The Director is a member of the University Senate, Deans Committee, the CHSS Academic Board and the CHSS Management Board.
- Message From the Director
- Mission & Vision
- Research Objectives
- Collaborating Institutions
- Research Agenda
- Members of Staff